Feral Interactive has confirmed that acclaimed rally simulator, DiRT Rally, is launching today across MacOS
DiRt Rally is developed by Codemasters (who also develop the F1 series of games) and has been available on console and Windows for nearly 2 years. It’s also been confirmed that it will support Apples latest graphics API, Metal 2.
DiRT Rally puts you behind the wheel of 45 of the most iconic rally cars ever made from 1980 to today, including the MINI Cooper S, Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 and the Lancia Delta S4. Drive on some of the most dangerous tracks in the world; from the crumbling hillsides of Greece to the frozen wildlands of Sweden. Weather will also affect how you drive as you try to get to grips with snow, rain and fog as well as hairpin bends, slippery asphalt and loose gravel, “players will fine-tune their cars to suit the terrain, weather and their own driving style.”
“DiRT Rally offers players a thrilling, mud-splattered racing experience, but under the bonnet, it’s a meticulously-crafted game,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “As they tweak the brake bias and gear ratios of their cars, and take their skill and concentration to the limit on every combination of road surface and weather condition, players will discover a great game that’s driven by detail.”
The minimum system specs are:
- Mac OS X 10.13
- Intel Core i3 (Mac) 1.80 GHz
- 8 GB
- 48 GB
- 1 GB Nvidia 650, 2 GB AMD Radeon R9 290M, 1 GB Intel HD4000
- KeyboardAll MacBook Airs released since mid-2012 with a 1.6GHz i5 Processor or better
DiRT Rally will also be playable on these Mac laptops
- 13” MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012
- 15” MacBook Pros released since Mid 2012 with a 1GB graphics card or better
- Mac Minis released since Late 2012
- 21.5” iMacs released since Late 2013
- 27” iMacs released since Late 2012 with a 1GB graphics card or better
- All Mac Pros released since Mid 2010 with an AMD 7950 (Mac Edition)
The following Macs are capable of running the game but do not consistently meet the standards required for official support:
- All MacBook Airs released since mid-2012 without a 1.6GHz i5 Processor or better
- All MacBooks released since early 2016
DiRT Rally for macOS will be available from the Feral Store and Steam for $59.99/£39.99/€54.99.
For more info on DiRT Rally, just click here.